Report 16.3: SELPA Students with Disabilities Profile - List (Fall 1)
(Updated as of 10/15/2021)
Description: Reports a list of students with disabilities within the SELPA and associated meeting, plan and other SPED-related information.
Report Type: Snapshot / Certification (Fall 1)
Security Roles: SELPA Reports
Data As Of: - Snapshot version Fall 1: Census Day
Basic selection criteria:
Students Included: Students with a qualifying enrollment who have an associated qualifying Special Education Record (SPED) at any time during the report period.
- Most recent Open Enrollment at any time during the Report Period. The “most recent” SENR record is defined as the last enrollment based on the last Student Enrollment End Date on or after the report period start date. In cases where more than one SENR record overlap the reports period, priority is given to Primary Enrollments. In cases where more than one SENR record for a student with the same Enrollment Exit Date exists, use the top record ordered by descending order by Student Enrollment Start Date, Grade Level Code (sorted on reference key), and CDS.
- Enrollment Status Code = Primary (10), Secondary (20), or short-term (30), and Non-ADA (50)
- Default Grade Level = IN, TD, PS, KN-12
Qualifying Special Education (SPED) Record:
- Most recent Special Education Program Record (Record Type = SPED) (based Special Education Meeting Date or Amendment Date (if populated)) overlapping the qualifying enrollment for the same reporting LEA
- If a student has two active plans (i.e., a 150 and 100 or 100 and 200) only display information from most recent plan. If the student is not yet 3 and has 150 and 100 plan, then display the 150 plan information rather than 100 plan information.
- Note: If more than one SPED record exists with the same meeting date and same Amendment Date and different Meeting Types, then display only the Meeting Type 20 (Plan Review Meeting).
- pecial Education Program Eligible (See CALPADS glossary: Special Education Program Eligible) during the Report Period (which defaults to the Fall 1 Report Period) (See CALPADS Glossary: Report Period)
- Note: SPED records where Meeting Type Code = 40 (Eligibility Evaluation Meeting) are not brought into CALPADS reporting.
Student Information (SINF), Student Program (SPRG) and Student English Language Acquisition (SELA) and Foster Youth data used for selecting student subgroups (e.g. Race/Ethnicity, Homeless, EL, etc.) are selected from the most recent record that overlaps the qualifying enrollment
- LEA Lists are only including data from the students that belong to the SELPA
- In order for a student to appear in a particular SELPA count, they must have the SELPA code reported on the SPED record that overlaps the qualifying enrollment at the same reporting LEA as on the SPED record AND the SELPA code from the SPED record has a reporting relationship with the Reporting LEA
Report Filters: Filters can be selected resulting in only totals for the selected filter being displayed – legend on bottom of last page of report states which filter/s were selected
- Academic Year
- Status – since the LEA may have multiple revisions, the report will ONLY select that LEAs highest revision, thus appearing only ONCE for the SELPA, based on the filter selection.
- Grade Level Code
- Primary Disability Category Code
- Education Plan Type
- Special Education Program Setting
- General Education Participation Percentage Range
- English Language Acquisition Status
- Socio-Economically Disadvantaged
- Title 1 Part C Migrant
- Foster Youth
- Student Age – Defaults to 0 – 22 (All)
- User Comment
|1||SPED Field 14.04 Reporting LEA|
|2||LEA Name – use data element name from CALPADS Security Model|
|5||SENR Field 1.05 School of Attendance.|
|6||School Name: Use data element name from CALPADS Security Model for School Code on SENR Record|
|7||SPED Field 14.16 District of Special Education Accountability.|
|8||SPED Field 14.08 SSID|
|9||SPED Field 14.11 SPED Field 14.12 Student First and Last Name.|
|10||Grade Level from SINF|
|11||SINF Field 2.19 Gender|
|12||1) If the Student Hispanic Ethnicity Indicator (SINF Field 2.24) = Y, always roll up to Hispanic, even if one or more races are selected or the Student Race Missing Indicator (SINF Field 2.31) = Y|
|2) If Student Ethnicity Missing Indicator (SINF Field 2.25) = Y, roll up to Missing even if one or more races are selected or if the Student Race Missing Indicator (SINF Field 2.31) = Y|
|3) If the Student Hispanic Ethnicity Indicator (SINF Field 2.24) = N and the Student Race Missing Indicator (SINF Field 2.31) = Y, then roll up to Missing|
|4) If the Student Hispanic Ethnicity Indicator (SINF Field 2.24) = N, and the Student Race Missing Indicator (SINF Field 2.31) = N, then|
|• If a single race = American Indian or Alaska Native (100), roll up to American Indian or Alaska Native|
|• If there is one or more of any of the Asian subgroups ((201) Chinese, (202) Japanese, (203) Korean, (204) Vietnamese, (205)|
|Asian Indian, (206) Laotian, (207) Cambodian, (208) Hmong, (299)|
|Other Asian, (400) Filipino) and no other race category (100, 301, 302, 303, 304, 399, 600, 700) then roll up to Asian|
|• If there is one or more of any of the Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander subgroups ((301) Hawaiian, (302) Guamanian, (303) Samoan, (304) Tahitian, (399) Other Pacific Islander) and no other race category (100, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 299, 400, 600, 700) then roll up to Hawaiian/Pacific Islander|
|• If a single race = (600) Black or African American, roll up to Black or African American|
|• If a single race = (700) White, roll up to White|
|• If more than one of the following races: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander, White, roll up to ""Multiple""|
|13||SINF Field 2.18 – Birth Date|
|14||SPED Field 14.26 – Primary Residence Code|
|15||SPED Field 14.17 Special Education Referral Date.|
|16||SPED Field 14.19 Initial Evaluation Parental Consent Date.|
|17||SPED Field 14.21 Special Education Meeting Date.|
|18||SPED Field 14.23 Meeting Delay Code.|
|19||SPED Field 14.20 Special Education Meeting Type Code.|
|20||SPED Field 14.25 Education Plan Amendment Date|
|21||SPED Field 14.22 Student Special Education Meeting or Amendment Identifier.|
|22||SPED Field 14.27 Special Education Initial Entry Start Date.|
|23||SPED Field 14.24 Education Plan Type Code.|
|24||SPED Field 14.46 Special Education Program Exit Date.|
|25||SPED Field 14.49 Special Education Program Exit Reason Code.|
|26||SPED Field 14.28 Disability 1 Code|
|27||SPED Field 14.29 Disability 2 Code|
|28||SPED Field 14.31 Special Education Program Setting Code.|
|29||SPED Field 14.32 Preschool Program Setting Service Location Code.|
|30||SPED Field 14.33 Ten or More Weekly Hours in Setting Indicator.|
|31||SPED Field 14.34 General Education Participation Percentage Range Code.|
|32||SPED Field 14.44 Special Transportation Indicator.|
|33||SPED Field 14.45 Parental Involvement Facilitation Code.|
|34||SPED Field 14.30 Infant Regional Center Service Eligibility Indicator.|
|35||SPED Field 14.35 Special Education Program Type Code.|
|36||SPED Field 14.43 Agency Representative IEP Participation Code.|
|37||Concatenate and separate with a comma any of the following fields where the value = “Y”:|
|1. SPED Field 14.36 IEP Includes Postsecondary Goals Indicator display as “IEP incl Postsec Goals”|
|2. SPED Field 14.37 Postsecondary Goals Updated Annually Indicator display as “Postsec Goals Updt Annually”|
|3. SPED Field 14.38 Postsecondary Goals Age Appropriate Transition Assessment Indicator display as “Postsec Goals Age App Trans Assmt”|
|4. SPED Field 14.39 Transition Services in IEP Indicator display as “Trans Serv IEP”|
|5. SPED Field 14.40 Supportive Services Indicator display as “Supp Serv”|
|6. SPED Field 14.41 Transition Services Goals in IEP Indicator display as “Trans Serv Goals IEP”|
|7. SPED Field 14.42 Student IEP Participation Indicator display as “Stu IEP Partic”|
List of frequently asked Special Education-related questions for CALPADS.
Look for Special Education (SPED) tab for the fields indicated in the report logic.
Provides additional information on Special Education and Student Services.
This document contains the current code values referenced in the file specifications for the coded value data elements. The code definitions are listed in this document.