SPED record missing for student enrolled in Private School
Error Type: CVR
Student enrolled in a Private School must have an associated SPED record in the same reporting LEA
- 1.04 Reporting LEA
- 1.06 School of Attendance
- 1.08 SSID
- 1.22 Enrollment Start Date
- 1.23 Enrollment Exit Date
- 14.04 Reporting LEA
- 14.08 SSID
- 14.21 Special Education Meeting Date
- 14.24 Education Plan Type Code
Understanding the Error:
A student enrolled in a private school (1.05 School of Attendance in SENR = 0000002) should have a SPED record (for eligibility purposes) with: 1) An active Education Plan = 200 for the associated LEA; or 2) An Education Plan = 300, 700, 800, 900 for the associated LEA
1) Verify if the student has not exited the SPED program.
2) Verify the student enrollment start and exit date at the LEA. 3) Add a SPED record for the student at the LEA.
4) If the student has exited the SPED program, the student enrollment should have an exit date on the same day they exited the SPED program.
12/2019 - Added Education Plans 700, 800, 900.
Need more help?
Let's start the conversation by filling out the CALPADS Service Request Form.