C/A 2.12 – English Language Acquisition Status – ELs Reclassified RFEP
(Updated as of 10/15/2021)
NOTE: The 2.12 report was disabled beginning in 2021/2022 to reflect the new method of reporting RFEP data annually. The new process is reported in the EOY 3 submission and is reported on the 2.16 report.
The 2.16 report replaced the 2.12 report beginning in the 2020/2021 EOY 3 submission.
Description: Reports the number of English Learners (ELs) Reclassified Fluent English Proficient (RFEP) one day after previous census day through the current census day by the school in which the reclassification occurred, including closed school, for a selected county. For academic years prior to 13-14 this data was reported in the Spring submission (Spring Report From/Through Dates). Starting in Academic Year 13-14 RFEPs are reported in the Fall 1 submission (RFEP From/Through Dates).
If a student was reclassified multiple times at the same school, only the most recent reclassification is reported. Students who were reclassified multiple times at different schools are duplicated in the aggregation to the Total-Selected schools.
Note: Only K-12 students with an Enrollment Status of Primary are included. The data for these students (i.e. Demographics, ELAS Start Date, etc.) are reported from the Student Information record used to identify the reclassification.
Report Type: Snapshot (Fall 1)
Data As Of:
- Fall 1 Census Day (First Wednesday in October)
Basic Report Display Criteria:
- Only LEAs who have certified their data are displayed on the C/A reports
- Reports display data only for expected school types flagged as “Y- Yes” or “P- Permitted”
- Schools that are expected with a type “Y” will report zeros if the data is certified with no counts
- Schools that are expected with a “P” and have not submitted data for the report data type, the school will not display on the report if zeros are certified.
- Permitted type schools will only display if they submit and certify data within the report type.
Basic Select Criteria
- Fall 1 Report Period is RFEP From Date through RFEP Through Date which is 1 day following prior year census date to current year census date
- For column A (callout 5) Student must have an open enrollment (SENR) record within LEA at any time during RFEP Report period and reclassified RFEP from EL in this school after prior Census Day through current Census Day
- For column B (callout 6) Student must have an open enrollment (SENR) record within LEA as of current Fall 1 Census Day (First Wednesday in October). Number of students included in column A who are still enrolled in this school on Census Day
- Grade Level Code equals KN - 12, UE, or US Enrollment Status 10 (Primary)
- An EL reclassified during the Report Period is counted in the school where the student was reclassified.
- An EL reclassified during the Report Period in a school that has closed during the Report Period is counted in the closed school.
|1||LEA code is derived from user ID permission and Expected Schools table|
|2||LEA Name is determined by #1 and the Expected Schools Table|
|3||School Code is derived from user ID permission and Expected Schools table|
|4||School Name is derived from by #3 and the Expected Schools Table|
|5||SELA 12.05 – School of Attendance equals School of Attendance of Reporting LEA and SELA 12.13 – English Language Acquisition Status Code equals RFEP and SELA 12.14 – English Language Acquisition Status Start Date is one day greater than prior year Census date and less than or equal to current year Census date and SSID has a prior ELAS record equal to EL and no prior ELAS record equal to RFEP|
|6||Total equals Count of students from column 3 who are still enrolled in the school on the selected Academic Year Fall 1 Census Day|